ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH AND SAFETY
For any country the environment is the first concern so as to provide its citizens with the right living conditions. Therefore it is the duty of every entity operating within each country to ensure it does not cause any harm to its environment or the health of the people around. The emphasis being on the environment, health and safety of the employees and its surroundings, INCO had formulated its EHS policy. The strict adherence to its EHS policy had been instrumental in INCO winning many safety awards during project execution in various countries. The Management’s commitment to its goal of being the best EHS friendly company is evident from the certification of the company for ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001. The follow up to maintain the conditions as stipulated in receiving thesecertifications is on a daily basis with no let up at any poinf during any projects execution. INCO always had been following its client’s requirement of zero accidents and
strive to maintain its record of EHS.
INCO Group of Companies in all areas of our operations is committed to operating a Safe, Healthy & Environment friendly and responsible business. Our management is truly committed to this goal, and supports this policy through all levels of our staff, contractors and sub-contractors. Health Policies and Procedures are focused upon the public interest and we are committed to implement these Policies and Procedures to serve the common good. As a responsible and committed corporate citizen we recognize the impact our Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) policies & commitments of all our activities. As we interact in areas relating to Environment, Health & Safety, we strive to minimize or eliminate adverse impacts, and improve the efficiency of our services and products. This is achieved through our commitment to:
• Comply with all Host Nation Environment Legislation and Regulations with specific emphasis on Environment Public Authority (EPA), and applicable industry standards and governmental requirements.
• Assigning trained personnel for EHS responsibilities.
• Provide adequate resources and competent personnel in all areas.
• Review the Environmental, Health & Safety impacts of all our activities.
• Strive for Continuous Improvement in Environmental, Health & Safety performance through identifying objectives and setting targets, and goals.
• Employ the best management practices in the prevention of pollution, and Waste minimization and maximize the efficient use of resources available.
• Ensure the involvement of our employees, and sub-contractors in our Environmental, Health & Safety programs and provide training where required at all levels.
• Ensure our suppliers and distributors also apply the best management EHS practices.
• Provide necessary framework to review our Environmental, Health & Safety objectives.
• Conduct audits which are communicated directly to our senior management for review and appropriate action.
• Establish a Training program to meet both regulatory requirements, and ensure that we meet INCO goals for training.
• Communicating this policy, and Environmental, Health & Safety Objectives to all INCO personnel in our organization and make it available to the public
INCO’s goal is to achieve industry leadership through EHS performance, teamwork and the collective efforts of every employee. Each of us shall share responsibility to achieve this goal. Therefore, every employee must be responsible and committed to helping to achieve the requirements of this policy.